Girls Trip: New York pt.1

Thursday, November 19

{DAY 1}
Watch out New York....Hansen sistas (and Momma, who really just looks like our sista) have arrived...on a red-eye flight....and we currently fit in well with the homeless. For reals though we looked homeless as we wandered Central park at 6AM and took a little cat nap on the benches while waiting for our hotel room to get ready. My mom kept her eyes on us to make sure we didn't get robbed, or maybe she drifted off to sleep too. I mean, who's going to rob the homeless anyway right?! Also, top left picture....I was such a zombie walking around the streets that morning we arrived. I don't even remember this! Apparently I turn into a Rockette when sleep deprived.
I've always wanted to see Central Park in the fall. I loved that we were still able to see some of the fall foliage. 


Luckily it didn't take long for our room to be ready to check into so we went back and took a little nap and cleaned up.  It got pretty rainy so we stayed close to our hotel and went shopping and exploring Times Square our first day. 

{DAY 2}
We woke up early and took the subway over to Battery Park where we then got on a boat that took us around the Statue of Liberty. My family wasn't so sure about taking the subway, but I convinced them it wasn't so bad and it's the quickest/cheapest way to get around the city. It's been 5 years since I've lived in New York and I was pretty proud of myself for remembering how to use the subway!
Afterwards we made our way over to the Brooklyn Bridge. We went along South Street Seaport and ate at a fun pub and did some shopping. 

It got dark quick as we made our way over to the World Trade Center.  As we got closer to the memorial site we suddenly realized how quiet it was.  It was heartbreaking to walk around and read the names of all those who lost their lives that day.  We will never forget.
We made our way back to our room and washed up before heading out to dinner and a show. How have I never seen Wicked in my 30 years of life!? It was ah-mazing! I loved it so much I cried. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS