Dirty Dash

Saturday, June 6

About a month ago I talked my momma and sisters into signing up to run the  Dirty Dash at Soldier Hollow. I've never done an obstacle course race and it seemed like a fun one. I had no idea what I was getting us into! We had fun getting some matching shirts and of course we had to tat ourselves up. Ha! We look so tough! Oink! Oink!


This picture had potential to be cute....if only I could get myself together! What am I even doing? I have about 5 more similar to this where I am just off doing my own thing. What the heys! I did go to the doctor yesterday to see if he could give me some magic potion to get me feeling better. He gave me some fantastic cough medicine that knocked me out and I slept like a baby, but maybe I took a little too much of the good stuff! 



One last picture before we get completed covered in mud! As we were driving up to Soldier Hollow, you could see all the runners. Except no one was running. EVERYONE was walking! We were like, um, hello isn't this a race? Why isn't anyone running? Well, we obviously didn't know what we were getting into.  The first 100 yards of the race was up a big muddy hill where you were slipping and falling all over the place, then shortly after that you had to jump into a giant mud pit and swim yourself across to the other side. We got out and ran for a few minutes until the mud dried and made it nearly impossible to even bend any of your limbs in a different position than where the mud dried them! We just laughed at ourselves as we walk/jogged the rest of the 10k. 


We had so much fun crawling, falling, sliding and sloshing our way through this race! I think we all fell flat on our face at least once and we couldn't stop laughing the whole time. 




Then we took the coldest shower of my entire life. No joke, I think this was glacier water. Kelli is not amused here!




Can't wait for next year because we are definitely making this a tradition! Except we'll remember to bring cash so we can pay for the hot showers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS