perfect summer day

Monday, June 8

I had some errands to run in Provo today and I made sure that one of those errands included a stop at the Riverwoods.  As soon as Tenley saw the splash pad, I knew where we would be the rest of the afternoon! I was totally unprepared so I went into Called to Surf and bought her a little swim suit and asked a stranger for some sunscreen. Impromptu splash pad fun is my favorite!

Pausing for a quick cookie break! Also, those green mountains in the background are magical. I sure do miss this place.


Later that night I went for a run around the lake with my sisters. Such a gorgeous place for an evening run.


We were laughing so hard as we literally ran past the train.  I know it's called the Heber Creeper, but I didn't' realize it was THAT slow! All the passengers on the train waved to us as we passed them by. 

Also, notice how I look like death? It's because I feel like death. I've had this horrible cough/congested chest/head cold for the last week and it seems to only be getting worse.  Trying to train for a half marathon while sick & adding a few thousand feet in elevation and I'm a hot mess. Ok, maybe just a mess. It's going to be a small miracle if I finish the UV half marathon this weekend. 


We finished the night off by roasting some hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire. Utah really knows how to do summer evenings right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS