New York Pt. 2 - Central Park & Soho

Sunday, November 22

{DAY 3}
My favorite way to see Central Park is on a bicycle! We had the most gorgeous day for this too. We found a little bike shop and I convinced the guy to give us the bikes for the day instead of just 2 hours for the same price. Looks like Dave's sales skills are rubbing off on me. Ha!
We made a stop at the MET and wandered around the art exhibits for a few hours. All that biking made us hungry and you can't come to New York and not eat at Shake Shack! I didn't skimp and ordered a diet coke, fries AND a milkshake with my cheeseburger. No regrets. 
This was the view out our hotel window. We thought it was so awesome that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints had such a huge ad about our Savior right in the heart of Times Square. 


Tonight we went to a show I've been dreaming of seeing my whole life....The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular! It was the best way to get into the holiday spirit. My favorite part of the whole show was at the end when they brought out the nativity and read a few scriptures from Luke.  

Luke 2:11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 
12) And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger. 

Christmas has been so commercialized and it's easy to forget the true meaning for the season. It made my heart happy that  Radio City brought the nativity scene into their production and the reminder that Jesus Christ is the reason we celebrate this time of year. 


{DAY 4}
We had Sunday brunch at the View which is a revolving restaurant on the 45th  floor of our hotel where we stayed (The Marriott Marquee).  The pictures didn't turn out great but the views were spectacular! And we stuffed our faces until we pretty much had to be rolled out of there. 
We spent the rest of the day shopping around SoHo and then making our way to Little Italy for a yummy Italian dinner. 

In the evening we went to the broadway show Finding Neverland. I hadn't heard much about the show so I didn't know what to expect but I really liked it! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS