Firenze & Pisa

Thursday, September 17

Florence is such a fun little town to walk around.  They are known for their quality leather and I'm still kicking myself for not buying that purse I wanted! The Ponte Vecchio bridge (behind us in this picture) is lined with venders of all kinds.  I think the only reason we walked away empty handed was because I was too concerned about my giant cup of gelato. And yes, I plan on gaining 5 pounds just in gelato from this trip and it will totally be worth it. 



Duomo di Firenze

The statue of David in all its glory.  We have seen so many statues on this trip that I was honestly debating if I really wanted to wait in the 2 hour line just to see David and I am so glad I did! Pictures don't show near the detail that you can see in person.  This sculpture done by Michelangelo is truly unlike any other statue.  The proportions on David are better than any other statue and the detail that went into him had me in awe. 


We then piled into the van and made our way to Pisa. I don't even know how this thing is still standing. It for reals looks like it could tip over at any minute. 

Don't worry, we saved it. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS